View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:55 AM   #68
hoodoo valley

Had a fellow employee (now in prison) that was wanting to start a weld shop and his cards reflected the business name of "Weld Naked". I've never done that! I scarcely have ever worked in even shorts as a carpenter, but largely because I hate saw dust in my shoes, but also because my knees are all screwed up and noticeable right off, in sight. I have seen a couple guys welding in shorts. Kinda shook my head when they jumped and yelled after burning their legs, then showed up the next day in shorts again. I have however let our two Springers, and two Basset puppies out at 1 AM to pee, and those damn claws on the legs as they jump up on you....... still working on the "OFF" thing.

I'm not sure on the welding. Kind of acting like aluminum mig without enough or literally no shielding gas. I was left thinking that the frame was some sort of alloy or galvanized, something like that. I worked as a dock builder for 4 years welding mostly hardwire, but a lot of dual shield and aluminum as well. I was at about 15 on the gas and I like running at that providing no breeze or fans are running, to conserve gas, but I ramped it up to 35 and it seemed to help but It was strange, though I was able to run my beads.

Not all figured out yet, still 2 weeks away.... (smiling) (no emoticons here.....screwy) but the aluminum will be..... oh, figuring 3/16 X 6 inch, bent with a 1 inch lip at about 110 degrees. That one inch lip will bolt on to the top of my roll up door after I remove it. Then I'll frame my wall in the doorway, with a man door and window, and later on, attach a 30 inch or so low pitch shed roof there under that aluminum flashing. Raise the lift up...... covered back porch! I just wanted a buffer for the rain, snow and sunshine right at the door.
hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote