Thread: Frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Weldman

Default Frankenstein

1986 International S1954 236 inch wheel base beverage truck 28,0000 GVW with DT466 engine Spicer 5 speed transmission with split rear axle bought for $750. Transmission was trashed beyond repair is reason for truck so cheap so I tossed it and put a Eaton 6 speed in it lengthened drive shaft made new drive line brackets. Tossed the bench seat and put in air seats from junk yard, chopped the shifter that came with transmission down. Next I chopped the beverage truck body in half taking the top half off, welded a pedestal in the bottom half to hold a camper. Replaced all the wiring from cab back to accept 7 wire trailer pin and for the new LED tail lights I put in. Took bumper off or whatever that was on rear and replaced it with a 3/4 inch plate bent to fit the frame and bolted in after drilling holes for it. Took the roll up doors out and welded in steel doors that open outward to access below the pedestal in the back.

Now for the camper that sits on top of all this is...

1968 Fiber-Top built by Lynnwood Fiberglass in Lynnwood Washington, only 3 were built and I have only one left as I far as I know. Technically I'm 3rd owner as the story goes, the first owner was going to chop it up and throw it away till his neighbor took possession of it before he could. They used it for few decades and decided to sell it after hitting old age, someone they knew bought it from them but never went and picked it up out of their yard. Fast forward 5 years later the city of Edmonds WA came in and said register it, sell it or dispose of it so the person who bought it was contacted and he posted it on Craigslist and is where I found it by accident cause by then I have gave up and was going to build my own truck camper. Bought it for $500 and is titled and registered which is rare for something so old. According to history one of the three that was built was destroyed when it flew off the back of a truck and shattered across the interstate.

So without further delay here is the pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
0802181848a.jpg   0802181849a.jpg   KIMG0041.jpg   KIMG0043.jpg  
Weldman is offline   Reply With Quote