View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #12
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo valley View Post
When you speak of ventilation, are you talking about between the insulation and the outer skin of the box?
No, I was speaking about water damp inside the living space due to breathing, shower water damp, cooking damp.

Here in Europe, to get a RV title, we have to have sufficient ventilation, low an high, to be sure fresh air comes into the living space, to avoid moisture and possible suffocation. Those high and low openings have to be permanent open, they may not be closed in any way.

But, your point is important, some reefer "sandwich" boxes made out of ply or polyurethane foam covered with polyester inside and out, may get water into the wood when damaged, and rot happens.

In my case, my box is aluminum panels riveted to steel brackets, it is watertight, I tested it before I insulated it, but I didn't let a space between the outer aluminum skin and the polyurethane sheets I've put between the brackets. The insulation (PUR sheeting) I used cannot rot.

My truck stays undercover when parked, is fully ventilated by those openings, I never have had water damp in the living space.

the low ventilation happens near the main door, you may see the grille at the feet of the door on the picture under, and the high ventilation goes through three skylights on the roof, which are built to allow air to go through
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0324.jpg   DSC_0053.jpg  
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote