View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #7
samcrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmaker View Post
For sure would use it myself, would it exist.

I have had this nagging feeling this should be made.

I think solving this problem helps humankind in general. Like said before; we have migration crisis underway and finding an efficient, affordable solution with western values is interesting as such. Many are drawing these $20-$200 cardboard/plywood shelters, but would YOU live in it? I most likely wouldn't if there'd be a choice.
Last summer showed us it is not just the vast areas on fire, but areas left under the blanket of smoke that is affected. How many people fled their homes for health reasons? Would it be easier if you are prepared and you have a plan? Like an RV that feels like home and is sufficient for long term stay?

I heard an estimate there are 3M climate refugees within the U.S. alone. That figure is going up. In 2017 there was no single month without fatalities by hurricanes.

I guess I'm trying to find a solution that is utmost functional, without status or social bias. Looking like more box truck than RV, but still offering all you need and maybe offering better security with active and passive solutions.

Here in the US we rv for fun, work and to live. We want to park in a nice mowed lot and enjoy the view, could be the ocean could be mountains and everything in between. we also like to free camp, in the middle of no where desert or mountain. I want the generator running, keeping the ac cooling, the sat. tv working, Grilling a steak on the BBQ drinking a beer or something on the rocks. We have great roads, we travel to see how beautiful our country is. it is nothing to go 2000 miles and never leave an interstate Hwy except for fuel and food. Europe not so much i am guessing. We worry about 2.85 a gal Diesel, $30 to $100 over night parking in a rv park. I payed 700. for 30 days in Florida this past January, Home was 30 deg and Florida was 75 deg. When we are going somewhere we stop at rest stops, Walmarts, Lowes, etc. I pull a Jeep behind to go place when we park. Others pull any thing they want behind there rv. I want it nice, neat, easy to work on, and systems that make living on the road easier. When we know a hurricane is coming we load up our rv and get out of the way, New Orleans and FEMA got basic trailers by the thousands for people to live in cause there home flooded. California..... well that a different store, they are crazy. Everyone is different, think different and act different, your only going to appeal to a certain group of people the rest have a better Idea. I am interested in what your doing and would like to see what you end up with.
Sam
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote