View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #5
rvmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrimm View Post
So why are you wanting an rv? To travel? or just to build one?
For sure would use it myself, would it exist.

I have had this nagging feeling this should be made.

I think solving this problem helps humankind in general. Like said before; we have migration crisis underway and finding an efficient, affordable solution with western values is interesting as such. Many are drawing these $20-$200 cardboard/plywood shelters, but would YOU live in it? I most likely wouldn't if there'd be a choice.
Last summer showed us it is not just the vast areas on fire, but areas left under the blanket of smoke that is affected. How many people fled their homes for health reasons? Would it be easier if you are prepared and you have a plan? Like an RV that feels like home and is sufficient for long term stay?

I heard an estimate there are 3M climate refugees within the U.S. alone. That figure is going up. In 2017 there was no single month without fatalities by hurricanes.

I guess I'm trying to find a solution that is utmost functional, without status or social bias. Looking like more box truck than RV, but still offering all you need and maybe offering better security with active and passive solutions.
rvmaker is offline   Reply With Quote