View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #39
solo318

I was in Pigeon forge this past week. We took a drive over to Anchors Down campground.

NICE place. They were closed when we were there but we drove through anyway. they had only one rv in the place and it looked like employees. The sites looked ok but I would question the size for our rigs. roads were on the narrow side and NO ROOM FOR TRAILERS. they have overflow parking but it's extra cost. It looks very high end.
I would stay there for a rally, But I would not choose to camp there otherwise. My wife and I are planning to head back that way this spring. We'll pop in and see what it looks like occupied. Most of the activities seem to be based upon the lake access.

T mobile cell service was non existent.

This trip we stayed in the Pigeon forge KOA. The roads were just as narrow and the spaces just as tight, BUT it is walking distance to the trolleys and the old mill. The "upper spaces" nearest to Veterans drive were very nice.

There was 2 other conversions there as well. A Gentleman with a converted Columbia and a HUGE renegade on a Volvo chassis.
solo318 is offline   Reply With Quote