View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
xyobgyn

Default Conversion from Spring to Air Suspension: Locating Salvage Parts

I have a 2004 Ford F650. Under CDL ie 25,999. Box truck going through conversion to Car Hauler/RV-Lite

My understanding is that chassis-wise 2000-2015 F650/F750 and International 4000 series were made on the same line, different trim and engines. It seems that Hendrickson made the air suspensions for these if they were so equipped.

Other than Vander Haag's website, I've had a very hard time finding suitable cores. I have to imagine that the set ups for single or dual axles on a semi that are rated for 40-50,000 are not what I want, rather the ones meant for the back of a box truck, rated at closer to 20,000.

Any great websites or locations I should be calling? My gut tells me that there will be MUCH less labor if I find a set up that went on these chassis. In other words, they are more or less pre-drilled to accept the different suspensions. The shop I'd tentatively use says it takes close to 10 min to drill out a new hole, I can see labor charges for drilling all new mounting holes to rack up quickly.

Anyone go through a swap like this? Advice on kits or hardware for the front axle to go to an air suspension?

Thanks in advance.
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote