View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
#90-GTSC

We looked at the truck conversion in my original post back when it was for sale. Very, very well down. But my wife didn't like it. It was set up for what it was used for … a bunch of guys to go dirt late model and modified racing across Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Dakotas. It was a very unique Peterbilt with an Allison automatic trans. Someone got a great truck!

After looking at five or six truck conversions that my wife didn't like, we happened upon a late 80's Prevost motorcoach that had been converted by Marathon (high volume Prevost converter), then fully updated in early 2000's, and for sale in about 2012. Not thinking I could afford a Prevost, even an older one, after some research we refocused our search to a Prevost, went to the All Prevost show in Tampa in I think January 2013, and bought a 1999 45' Liberty Coach Prevost XLV (stainless steel sides) in May of 2014.

We're very happy with it. But everytime I see a Peterbilt 3x9 truck conversion (or heck even a semi tractor) go down the road I'm envious.
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote