View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
samcrimm

Default Fueling during the last trip.

So the wife and I went to Florida, me being the cheap guy I am I use Gas Buddy and try and save money fueling up. I fueled up at Murphy Oil 2.73 and other stations were around 3.00 and that saved me 27.00 on a 100 gals. Yes it is a pain to do one side and then circle for the other, but it's worth it.
that got us about 700 miles before i started looking for the cheapest fuel around the pan handle of FL. I went 10 miles to save on fuel and the Gas Buddy price was 2 hours old and when I got there it was 3.09 instead of 2.79 bought fuel across the road for a few cents less. I put on 25 gals and I did that because I was needing to get down the road to look for that cheap fuel. I was mad too. That got me to Mongomery and I had to fight the pumps there at the Raceway! They were slow and the buttons not working! I went inside and asked for 150.00 and was only able to do 75! I moved up to the next pump. And it was slow and I topped off the drivers side. The lady at the counter was in different about the pump not working. Her being an Asia Indian and her indifference just added to my frustration! That price was 2.79, but it was so hard to get! I used my gas buddy card also and got back money. But I had hit my weekly limit with that stop. When we got to Chattanooga I found a Speedway that was 2.66 a gal and got more off because I used my speedway card and saved more. So the start and the finished fueling was my best experience.

I like to stop once to fuel up every 700 miles. we can go around 850 plus.
Hate people rigging fuel prices, cost time and money.
Hate clerks / owners that could care less. the buttons did just quit that day.
Hate truck stop prices! 3.25 plus prices.

Today's fuel price at the station I used in Chattanooga, Speedway on 3956 Brainerd Rd is 2.39. (A lot cheaper than Wed.) Pilot Truck Stop is at 3.29
100 gals at 2.39 versus say 3.29 is a .90 difference I know the 2.39 is not the norm, IT only takes a couple of savings like this I get a free truck full.
We did 1200 plus miles and got better fuel mileage than i have in pass trips. Not for sure why but it was over 7 mpg. I did run a few 100 Rpm lower than normally. I don't have my logs to tell you every thing. Not at the Renegade right now.

I am ready to go again!

Sam
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote