View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
bushpilot

Default Review/Pictures: TPMS (TST) Color Display

for those considering the Truck Systems Technology TPMS system - they just came out w/ a new color display.

I had a chance to upgrade/update my 507 display to the new color display...in a word....I like it -

1) The color display is slightly larger, with a bigger display that provides increased resolution & visibility over the monochrome display.
2) Improved display means greater contrast, even in the BRIGHTEST (direct) sunlight the color display is readable (including the different colors) - much better than the monochromes screen.
3) Night-time viewing is better - even in a dark or dimly light cockpit/cab - the colors are "sharp" and very easy to focus on and differentiate without being too bright.
4) Easier to use Discovery & Programing of sensors to initiate programing. The ability and ease of altering the default settings & alarms is more intuitive as well.
5) Re-designed (molded-in) antenna will be more resistant to shock/drops which is an enhancement over the old antenna which is external and could loose.
6) Power connection is modernized with a standard micro-usb, providing for a more positive/sturdier connection. It would be nice if the connection was at the rear or the delivered cord was right angle (so I could hide the cable better).

finally had a chance to snap some side by side comparison pictures of the old display (top) and the new color display (bottom). The pictures really don't do it justice the new display has richer graphics and much better contrast and resolution...

these pictures made me realize the foot print of the two displays is about the same but the screen on the new unit is quite a bit bigger.

this picture (below) is a better representation of the improvement in the contrast & overall visibility of the new display (less back-lighting, less glare)

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote