View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #18
xyobgyn

Default RE: liftgate cars into truck etc...

Java230, VNLCoach....

I read quickly through the thread on that truck. Fascinating history. The guy in the Video who commissioned that truck, and used it for racing is apparently pretty famous in racing circles.

It has a very custom look to it, and hidden in the thread was even a reference to the person that built it. I will try and dig into that, but it also appears this was done 20 or 30 years ago, whatever.

My liftgate is absolutely a different design than the one pictured, and may or may not lend itself to a similar modification.

Given that I want to put the truck into use sooner rather than later, I think I'm going to be comfortable with what I usually term as V1,V2,V3 planning.

If I can come up with a system that doesn't irreversibly alter the truck or liftgate that safely allows loading and unloading the car(s), I will consider that V1 as I search and research V2.

First challenge is assembling all the hardware and items and supplies to do the "RV Conversion" to get proper plates. On this subject too, I'm OK with V1,V2,V3 planning and execution. I'm going for the "EASY button" and will get stuff I can re-sell nicely if need be in the future, and will go all electric 110 for the Lights/AC/Fridge/Cooking station. This just simplifies things for me. I found 4 sheets of 4x8 pre-painted white 1/4 inch peg-board. This will serve nicely for V1 paneling of the front 6 feet where the RV-Lite section will be put into place.

Wish me luck....
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote