View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
xyobgyn

Default Pass-Through discussion: Uni-Grip Accordian Seal Gasket

ED-5386 24/ft $5.25/ft

This is the 2 to 7 inch product I see so many people using.

Seems it comes in minimum 24 feet.... Is that what everyone has ended up buying, a full 24 feet of this seal?

______

Second, after looking at as many examples as I can find, it seems that most people are cutting a relatively narrow pass through. On truck conversions that are done "professionally" I usually see a much larger pass through to open up the space quite a bit more.

Seems to me that might weaken the cab structure a bit, and that I should keep the pass through to a minimum... i.e. more narrow. There is a window there, which naturally will have to be dealt with, and I'm sure removing a large patch of the rear of the cab will not enhance rollover protection.

On the flip side (boy I don't like that pun), if my box stays on the truck, there is a granny attic over the cab, which I would hope helps protect the cab.

I'm trying to think of advantages and disadvantages to opening up the space more maximally. As I plan on putting in a pair of seats, left and right of the pass through in my extended cab... I don't see much value, and in fact, HVAC considerations for just heating and cooling the cab are probably easier with smaller opening.

Thoughts?

Alex.
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote