View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #15
Doug Ambrisko

I did a couple things in 2 different bays. One bay, I made a large box out of plywood and used banding to cover up the edges. I attached the drawer slide to 2x4's mounted to the bottom of the bay. I added another slide part way up and attached to one wall. That seems to help with heavier weight. This bin is for water and drinks. Since in a prior RV we got damage due to a leak we poly urethaned it to be water proof. The bin has higher sides. and the "lid" is another bin that can slide back words and attached to the higher walls. This top bin holds the grill. The top bin has a magnet at the box to hold it into the box. So when you pull the big bin, the bin is open with the grill staying in the bay. To use the grill we pull it and the lower bin out. I made a tray with a "leg" that is a slot that fits between the gap do to the slide so I have a side table for the grill.

In the other bay, I build a wood frame that mounts to the floor of the bay with some screws. That frame holds Ikea wire baskets that slide out. I did this so I could remove the baskets and then remove the frame if needed to service. This bay has all of the electrical systems (chargers, inverter, breakers etc.) so I can get easy access to them versus a pile of stuff I need to take out.
Doug Ambrisko is offline   Reply With Quote