View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #7
Bob86ZZ4

Will they let you try hooking up your trailer and pulling it down the road a bit? Like to the nearest scale? If not then next best thing would be to figure out how much tongue weight your trailer has. You can do that by weighing your rear axle with the trailer hooked up, and not hooked up. Then go weigh the Truck Conversion rear axle. With a full water tank would be best, otherwise do the math and add that to the rear axle weight. Now check the rating on that single rear axle. Is it going to be at, or near, the max when your trailer is hooked up to it? If yes, there's your answer. My rig is 26' living quarters on a single rear axle. My rear axle scaled at 17k lbs. with half a water tank I think. My axle is rated at 22,700 lbs. If your 21k lb. trailer has 10% tongue weight, and that 28' rig is similar in weight and axle rating to mine, I think you'd be fine according to the ratings. Buy don't take my word for it.