Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
ChiefMechanicMark

Default New Guy

I'm introducing myself to anyone who wants to read what I have to share. My back ground is as follows:
I've been a certified automotive; medium and heavy duty truck; marine and generator technician for over 35 years.
I worked for a Detroit Diesel and Allison transmission distributor ship for 23 years. We sold and serviced Detroit Diesel, Perkins, Hatz diesel engines along with Allison transmissions and Kohler Generators. We also serviced trucks, trailers, yachts, fishing vessels, fire apparatus and motorhomes. I was afield service technician for about 14 of my years there.
Prior to working there I worked for a trucking company and after working there I have been employed with a municipal fleet maintenance facility maintaining everything from the weed eaters to the Airport Heavy equipment with every public works department there is. We also do a lot of fabrication of vehicles for special needs.
In my "spare time" I build Wildland fire engines at my house.
I am also a volunteer firefighter and EMT in the rural area I live.
My goals are to help people whenever and wherever I can while learning from you all to assist me in picking the right vehicle for me for retirement. I'm liking DDC powered stuff since I know them inside and out. (Series 60 is a plus.)
Thanks for welcoming me.
ChiefMechanicMark is offline   Reply With Quote