View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
bushpilot

from the (front) bumper to the rear of our cab is 10'....close to 1/2 of that is cockpit/seating area....so youre not giving up that much.

Our front seats, which are btw AIR RIDE) swivel - so there is no loss to the seating area of a truck conversion anymore than there is in a pusher/bus. I've never seen a pusher coach with air ride seats and even the bus conversions only have driver air ride seats at best.

What we give up in (front engine) we gain in crash protection AND over cab storage (pushers don't have over cab/cockpit storage).

We also gain in serviceability - no need to keep switching back and forth between (being inside) above the engine & (being outside) to get to the bottom - It also means when & if 13+ Liters of engine needs service no one has to go thru the coach to get to the top of the engine.

MANY pusher coaches roll off their assembly line at or VERY CLOSE to their GVWR (there are class action lawsuits) - so your cargo carrying capacity is compromised and certainly your GCWR will put you over....dont believe me....go look at the number of coach MFG's that are now installing WIDER front tires to increase or cheat the GVWR.

conversions are Million Mile chassis & drive train....CLASS 8 designed to haul 80k lbs, you'll likely never stress the Engine, Trans, axles or frame.

I've never had to use it but independent lockable differentials with TWO DRIVEN independent locking axles (no tag axles here) TOGETHER means 8 tire (driven) traction when you need it.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote