Thread: 359 Race Rig
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #7
Hooter Shaker

Default 359 Race Rig build

Yes, we have a cut out in the back of the cab so we can walk through to the box. My blue heelers travel with us and they like the roam while traveling. lol.

Now that I had all of the holes cut for the windows, slides, the door the framing for the slides started. I left both rear axles under the truck so I wasn't really worried about weight so I used 2" square tubing on most of it. We also started some work on the inside of the truck. We built the walls in between the different rooms. We decided to use pocket doors to help with space between the living area/kitchen and the bathroom and between the bath and bedroom. We purchased base cabinets and figured out where we wanted them set. My wife says she didn't think she would ever finish with the insulation. We used the insulating board in the ceiling and walls of the box, 2 layers of it. Since I had extra room I decided to put most of the wiring and duct work in a 1' space I left in the ceiling. It worked out real good for the wiring and made it easier as the build progressed. I left the bedroom ceiling full height and ran the wiring in the top of the entertainment center/dresser/storage.
Attached Thumbnails
20150301_081527.jpg   20150412_152158.jpg   20150412_092704.jpg   20150424_182419.jpg  
Hooter Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote