View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #47
Bob86ZZ4

Nope, I think you guys might be all wrong. I have a friend that is a Federally licensed commercial vehicle enforcement officer working in Minnesota. He knows the federal motor vehicle codes like no other. We have talked about this at length. He claims the language is "in furtherance of a commercial venture." Nothing about getting money or prizes. He knows there are plenty of cops that think it's prizes. He says if you put a sticker on your car for "Acme Muffler Service" and take it to the strip, or road course, you're now commercial. Period. End of story. Or put "Acme Muffler Service" on the door of your tow rig, boom goes the dynamite. You're commercial. Period. End of story. No RV plates allowed since you're not "recreational." All, and I mean ALL, commercial vehicle laws apply. Over 10k gross COMBINED weight, boom, you are now in the big leagues. Lots and lots of commercial regs. My son used to drive (no racing, no prizes, hahahaha) in TTU (at least I think that's the class, I was just the pit crew) NASA. I hated driving around with that car in the trailer knowing we could get some serious trouble. The only thing I let him put on the outside was a Chevy emblem sticker. Fortunately we never got stopped, and he's now sold the car.

Let's keep calling coaches that have a deck on the back for pulling a 5th wheel or goose neck a "Toter" or "Toter Home." Let's call the rigs that only have a bumper tow hitch a "Truck Conversion." Thanks!!