View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #8
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
Ok, I am thick headed. So lay it out for me one more time. If I skip the tunnels, is it impossible or just sporty? I haven't met a mountain the truck can't climb at 45mph or more, but I don't like the idea of dragging the back end!

It looks like the leaves haven't turned yet.

I suppose anything is possible....but i wouldn't necessarily call it sporty either (with its switchbacks and steep roads), i doubt you'd drag ON the drive. The ideal entrance would be at Front Royal.

I think you'd enjoy 340 or route 11 more (plenty of places to go/see/do & stop)...and then use the toad to drive the SLD or BRP.

im gonna go look at the Front Royal Entrance tomorrow for you....im not sure you'll even get in the front gate.

you gotta get past this gate (in front royal) AND there is a gate like that at every entrance (thorton gap rt29/211 and swift run / rt33LINK

take a look at the satellite / overhead view - i think you'd be ok ON the drive but getting on/off at 211 & 33 could be problem because of the mountainous road approaching or leaving the SLD....211 is out of the question to me.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote