View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
samcrimm

Default Power Mamanagement

Someday I have a terrible time with managing my ac power. So help me understand with a 50 amp service you have two 120 legs? Or one 50 amp service and that all? I have a 12 kw gen set. And I have a 30 amp breaker panel under the bed that manages both ac and dc. It take care of the front ac, and outlets in the house. In the power bay I have two 50 amp breakers, and a sorted other breakers for the rear ac, water heater, the washer/dryer. one 50 is from the gen and the other one to the outlet on the back of the rv.

So the under bed has a 30 amp main. I understand why because of the design of that panel. I trip the 30 amp a lot, if I am running the microwave and the ac kicks on. Bang the breaker trips. I have also changed that breaker once already. I never trip the other circuits. Only the 30 amp main.

So I want to have the tv on, the coffee brewing and heating up something in the microwave and if the ac kick on life as I know continue to move.

I have looked at the 3000 power management panels and all that stuff, but that more than I think it is worth.

Can I get a bigger panel in the bay and move a couple of circuits down there?

How does the all this handle the power if I was at a race track in the rv and my toter was being cooled and things were going on back there?

It sounds like I have the power to do just about anything, with 12 kw but how do I use it to the utmost.

Help explain this to me and ways to keep from tripping my breaker.

Sam
Attached Thumbnails
samcrimm-4669.jpg  
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote