Thread: "fog" lights
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #6
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Hi Don,

Your fog lights will be on the way shortly. We do also have an upgrade for the Columbia headlights--really clean setup that replaces the whole housing--but not cheap either.
Thanks, I look forward to receiving your factory replacement driving lights soon.

I just can't see paying 1200 bucks for replacement headlights for an occasional use vehicle. Im sure professional drivers (and maybe full timers) justify the expense much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Rigid makes good lights, just don't run those anywhere high beams wouldn't be appropriate.
Ive got the rigid's D2's (6 LED per light) in the driving pattern on the coach and have them aimed such that i rarely get complaints. I keep the drivers side light pointed a bit straighter (avoiding the on coming / interstate traffic) and I keep the passenger side light aimed a bit more toward the shoulder (to watch for deer).

FWIW - i had mistakenly order the spot patterned from Rigid for our TOAD (wrangler) and imo they were too narrow (hell you couldn't even tell there were TWO beams they were so narrow in their throw, they went back IMMEDIATELY and replaced them w/ the Rigid Dually (4 LED pre light) in the FLOOD pattern which suites the Jeep Wrangler much better.

I've gotten more complaints from a poorly aligned passenger side OE headlight then i have on the rigid lamps.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote