View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #18
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
We just took a little weekend trip to Chincoteague, VA. Our adventure resurrected the stacker, 4-down, open trailer discussion. I remain a fan of an open trailer. The wife is now really pushing a stacker, since her car got so filthy while riding on an open trailer in the rain!

Another stacker question: Would it be possible to equip a stacker with AC/heat and bunks for overflow housing?
I've never seen a stacker with a lounge, but anything is possible.

All it takes for air conditioning is some 120vac source (shore power or generator connection) and a hole in the roof (for the air conditioner/heater).

I don't personally like them but you could add some fold down benches (hung from the side wall) that convert to beds.

I helped a friend of mine add a roof top AC unit to his enclosed race car hauler, pretty simple job - I welded a 1" tube frame to the existing roof "trusses" and we ran the romex to a breaker panel that we also installed. On race weekends that I'm unable to attend with our coach, he pulls the trailer with his truck and sets up a cot in the trailer for track side sleeping in AC/Heated comfort.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote