Thread: 4700 lpx build
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #10
hot rod

An electric compressor and tank would definitely be adequate. I run dual compressors on my truck "just in case", but a good compressor is only about $150 so not a big deal to mount two. If you don't want to fool with all the self leveling controls and what not all you need it a pair of air paddle switches and a gauge in the cab. I don't know what you are towing, but mdt/hdt steel sprung trucks are pretty hard on the trailer frame if you are putting any kind of miles on there. Unless you have a premium trailer designed for a big truck, your average budget race trailer is only designed for a dually. If you don't go with air ride you will want an air hitch. I run a trailer saver air fifth wheel, and there is a gooseneck ball conversion available for it. Also the farther back you put the hitch the more it magnifies the bumps to the trailer. check out bmzero's build thread in the hdt section. He fabbed his own air hitch (incredible piece of engineering) and there is a link to a video where you can see how much the hitch moves and soaks up the bumps.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote