Thread: Rear Bumpers?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #9
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo318 View Post
As I spend a lot of time at the track, I see lots of T/C guys with cracked rear caps, due to turning too sharply. I am planning on the bumper being sacrificial in that it will hit the trailer tongue before the trailer hits the back of the truck. I have brought several customers rigs back to the shop to fix damage caused by their own trailers. This is also why I am not planning on a ladder.
Our coach was never built w/ a ladder - further proof that everyone of these things (even when purchased from a mfg) are "custom" one-off.

I contacted Haulmark, who directed me to their dealer network....and i was receiving quotes of 500+ (not including installation).

I bought a 15.5 foot Xtend+Climb ladder, that collapses to 34 inches and stores nicely in our basement storage bin.

Ive used it a few times - air conditioning repair, vent upgrades, maintenance and even at races for observation "deck" access.

I can't say I've ever thought i really missed having a permanently attached ladder (don't have one to miss). The portable Xtend+Climb was about 200 bucks and it consumes very little storage space.

here's some pictures of a friends 8 footer next to our 15.5 footer -

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote