View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
bushpilot

a couple of years ago i ditched all the 12v incandescent "toe kick" & ceiling mirror (rope) lighting....the bulbs were burnt out randomly.

for the Toe-Kick upgrade / retro fit: I bought some "rigid" (white) LED strips (20 inches or so per length) and soldered them together & then used some dbl sided body side molding tape to apply the LED strips...its worked VERY well (i even used the existing wiring and switch)

the LED's i used were a but high in color temp (if or when) i do it again i might use a warmer colored LED.

I also found that the toe-kick lighting is so bright that it creates a lot of glair off the front windshield at night (when driving)...so i ADDED a strip of RED flexible SMD LEDS (the kind available in a roll with the adhesive backing already on)....the RED works well....doesnt blind me w/ glare while driving.

When i replaced the lighting in the ceiling mounted mirror i used a multi colored (RGB) self adhesive/flexible LED strip...we call it the DISCO mirror....we don't use it, it's a novelty at best.

i used the same flexible LED RGB self-adhesive led strip (16.5 feet long) under outside awning too - and its holding up well (i did a write up here too).

I think I've mention the slide-out that i built for the cooler (there are threads on that install on this site too)...and it is my intention to build at least one or two more slide out platforms for my toolbox and possible the grill.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote