View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #13
Bob86ZZ4

I actually strap the car in two ways. I have frame hooks that I fit into the frame and ratchet straps to d-rings bolted through the floor to the frame of the trailer. I also have a set of straps I believe they call "California Roll Back" or similar. Here's a set of those for sale on ebay: Rollback Car Carrier 8 Point Tie Down Strap System w Chains Carrier Hauler | eBay

I've used just the roll back method without problems. But I like to have a backup system and it's not that hard to put another set of straps on. I also have some long axle straps and can put those around the tire/wheel and hook a ratchet strap to a d-ring. If the vehicle doesn't have any easy frame hook area then I use the roll back straps. If the wheels aren't fancy and I don't worry about them then an axle strap through the wheel also. Kind of all depends on the car. I don't like to just have one system though. I also like to drive some miles and then check the straps to make sure they're tight. I also have an extra set of ratchet straps in a tote bin. Just in case a strap gets cut on something sharp, or a ratchet mechanism fails.