View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
samcrimm

Petrel,

I have looked into all these ideas and a stacker is going to be more trouble than it is worth if you ask me. Now I tow a Jeep Liberty behind my tc and it a sweet deal!!! I have pulled trailers for most of my driving life and towing with a blue ox tow bar is the way to go. But I want to take more! I want my jeep, the harley and a small fishing boat to florida this winter. The only way I know to do that and spend thousands is to tow my tag along behind the jeep behind the tc.....Will that work, I believe so, how big a pain I don't know. I have tried to think about how it would work and I would have to stay on interstates, truck stops and rest areas. But with a range of over 800 miles and all interstates till I am close to the camp grounds sounds doable.
My tag a long is 8' and I am planning on building a rack above it for the boat. The harley will be on the deck under the boat rack. The liberty is around 13' throw in the tow bar, tongue length etc I am pushing 60'. 10' less that a stacker with my tc.
I am open for opinions and ideas

Sam
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote