View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
Oldtimer Norm

Hey guys, thanks for the input,
I'm singed up with Taylor Driving school to get my Class A CDL. I'm going to be off work for about 6 weeks due to surgery, so me being the type of person I am, not willing or able to sit still. I thought a CDL would be a good thing to have. Me being a retired timber feller now working for Boeing, I plan on retiring from there in 3 years or so and want to go to work for ASRC in Alaska for a few more years. They require a Class A CDL.
My son and have I invested in a house that needs remodeled and the lot is dividable. That's why I own a dump trailer and excavator. Plus I have several friends that own private motocross tracks that I pitch in on maintenance with the excavator. So nothing is commercial at this point but I can see where people may assume that. Enough of that.
I've been looking at Volvo 670's and 780's for $ 20 K or less. There are some really nice looking, well maintained rigs on the market. Anyone have key things to look out for? Should I hire a truck mechanic to check out a truck of interest?
Now you guys have me thinking about mounting my 30 foot, 2004 Gear Box toy hauler onto a class 8 truck.
Sorry for rambling on, I really value your opinions on this truck subject.

Thanks
Oldtimer Norm is offline   Reply With Quote