View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
38Chevy454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofurs22 View Post
I just got a quote from American Family for 900 a year. That's just on an International Prostar day cab. I found that WY will register it for useage not commercial, so I just need to figure that one out. Do you guys have to pay the GVW tax because of the weights we're talking about? I'm going to try Allstate and see what I can get with them. Thanks for the info folks!
I was able to get insurance through my RV insurance provider National Interstate, but had to send pics and they sort of had to fake the docs since no category for a truck conversion. I did have to send pics, and they used my value. It only worked because mine is a Showhauler and not home conversion, they would not have done coverage if I had done the conversion. Full coverage is about $1600/year.

As to the weight question, yes I pay a big amount extra for registration based on the weight. Don't have the exact cost, but form memory the total is about $275/year due to the weight fees, even with being RV registration. That's here in New Mexico.