View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #17
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntom View Post
Don, you are giving us the worst case scenarios. Here are Minnesota the laws for recreational doubles. As you can see, IF you follow the law they are not a problem at all. I also have a camera that allows me to see the boat at all times from the cab.
well i don't MEAN to give worst case scenarios - all i ever see is how (too many, imo) are against double....imo some shouldn't even drive a car or hell a bicycle for that matter.

I've seen PLENTY of pickup trucks towing mega 5th wheels that shouldn't...and from what i know lots of 'em are over their manufactures GCWR before they even rolled out of their driveway.

my point was that theres PLENTY of stuff out there thats unsafe, in the wrong hands...including coaches that ARENT towing anything.

im not sure how Minnesota arrived at the conclusion a fifth-wheel in the "middle" makes things safer...especially when you consider most 5th wheels aren't designed for a hitch / ball.

I'd contend THUNDERUSONE's (who is a member here) set up here is as safe or safer than Minnesota's code ....because the TOAD was designed & equipped to tow (where a 5th wheel camper is not).

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote