View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #8
bushpilot

agreed - as i tell folks that wonder about driving "such a big truck" that i am NOT afraid to use reverse.

as for the jealous on lookers - we encounter a fair amount of snobs too there "whats that" looks and demeanor says a lot - when we were in sedona we got quite a few that would look and then sneak around the back and look some more....i politely said hello, how are you & did they have any questions....and they'd ignore me and slink off.

for fuel i try to get the cheapest but almost always migrate to Flying J - theyre less hassle - I use the RV Island and get the cash price no matter what card i use (debit or credit)....if i get fuel in the TRUCK island i have to go in and pay w/ CASH to get the CASH price & then i have to go back in & get my change....an absolute PIA IMO.

we get the same comments at the RV island...mostly inquiring minds want to know what our mpg is etc.

At the French Quarter RV resort a guy w/ one of those 1M+ (650Hp) newell pushers came over and had a beer w/ me - was all curious - which i found strange and then said "i always wanted one of those"....i was shocked.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote