Thread: Too Heavy?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
GENECARP

Smile Too Heavy?

Hi gang, hope everyone is well, I haven't checked in for awhile, life moves fast LOL, anyway we just moved our Rig up from Myrtle Beach to our CT seasonal site, on the trip up I got to thinking about carrying my motorcycle in addition to our Smart Car which we currently carry in the garage....So I started to think about a suspended platform off the back that will hold the Smart Car, then the garage would open up for other toys.....I started to read up on Hydralift, they show some pretty big platforms carrying Razors and Golf Carts....that lead me to a place in NH ---B&B Truck and RV, they are a dealer for Hydralift, Jason from B&B got right back to me and said after talking to Hydralift about my project they said it was to much weight for my Rig....I definately wasn't expecting that....some of you know my Rig, for those that don't it's a 45' Garage model 2009, built by Silver Crown, it's the Pony express line built on a Frieghliner Columbia Chassis ..Jason said it was about the toungue weight....Overhang etc....granted no one has seen my Rig, just a quick video I sent Jason....I am planning on calling Silver Crown even though they are out of business, but does this sound correct to you guys? I thought our TC could handle just about anything within reason...Thanks for reading....Oyea, the link at the bottom shows a quick vid of the side of the TC with me pulling the Smart Car out of the garage...