View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 08:09 AM   #15
superbird03

Thanks for the measurement. I figured if you are going to be over the length limit mind as well blow it out of the water! I only hope that if I do cross that bridge someday with the police that they don't park me and only ticket me. I see lots of people at our racetracks that are that long or longer. Not that it makes it right, I will just continue to hope that the Police are as confused about the laws for these things as we are.

I am still debating on what to do with the rear boxes, like you said taper them up a bit in the back or just run them straight back. The hitch I have right now I made is an oversized version of what you would find on a pickup. 3/8" side plates that bolt through the side of the frame and an 8"x8" 3/8" walled square tube that ties them together. I then have a 3" square receiver tube that my hitch slides into. with this setup it ends up being the lowest part in the back up the truck at around 9 or 10 inches and does scrape occasionally. I would like to have one of those 40k lb fully adjustable hitches installed, but not sure where to have that done at. If anyone knows a place that does this, please let me know!

Thanks,
Steve
superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote