View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #7
bushpilot

originally i wanted a 2nd drive axle too.

loved the idea of independent locking diffs & axles that can be locked together (ala 4 wheel drive). I was convinced that the added traction, brakes and extra tires would provide additional margins of safety....THEN i priced the tires and thought i could get by w/out the added 3k in rubber

im 32k lbs (12.7k/19.7k - front/rear) well loaded (120 gal of fuel, 220g water, 50 gal of propane, beer, shorts & t-shirts), which if i remember correctly leaves me somewhere between 4k & 5k, for the old english sheep dog, wife & liquor.

if i were towing something larger than the occasional race car/trailer or jeep wrangler i think i would definitely want the added brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbird03 View Post
...I have a slide out that I am going to install out the back to make up the extra 2 feet. If I look at the pictures close, it would appears yours has this? What are your thoughts on that? Would you of rather had the slide out the side or out the back works for your needs?

Steve
yeah we have the rear slide. the rear wall/slide on ours is all wardrobe/cabinet. The head of our queen bed on the drivers side. If the rear slide is NOT out you don't walk around the bed (or open many of the wardrobe/cabinet drawers).

I'd almost rather have no slide on the rear (just something more to break or leak) and it only slides out a foot - without the rear slide we'd have no bedroom storage (which we do need/use).

i often think id like a passenger side slide (in the living room) - but i don't want to have to deal with sitting behind that or looking around it when were "in camp" (it would only benefit me when I'm on my Mother in Laws curb, since i cant put the drivers side slide out into the street). I do with our bed had nightstands on both sides of the bed.

I'll get a picture of the interior when i measure the ground clearance - but heres a picture of the rear slide fully deployed.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote