View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbird03 View Post
I appreciate the pictures and any measurements you can offer. Yours looks pretty low, that is encouraging that you haven't had any issues. It might be an illusion, but are your rear cabinets slightly higher than your mid cabinets?

Thanks,
Steve
an important note - I'm ONLY 43 feet (bumper to bumper).
my overhang from center of the (rear) axle to the rear of the coach is 11 feet.

We've never even as much as scrapped anything (including my extended length receiver hitch backing in our driveway).

I think what your seeing is an optical illusion either as a result of the camera (phone) lens or because of some angle of the ground....if you look at this picture it almost looks like the mid ship storage bays are higher than the rear...at least to me. It could be because there is a slight incline or more likely the suspension is not settled or level.

in the one picture (w/ the house in the background) there is the crown of the street to consider & in the DRIVERS SIDE view picture at our storage lot there is a slight slope (towards the rear) & it looks like like I've raked the wheel (in the turn pretty hard & created some lean to one side).

heres a couple more (click on the pict to increase the size).

i think in this picture i may have let the pressure out of the rear airbags, the street is sloped toward the front of the coach to facilitate draining toward the street drains (so thats why the front may look a light higher too).

here one of my favorite coaches...which might give you some thoughts about tapering the rear storage bin a bit to increase clearance in / out of streets & driveways.

this guy is 3 feet longer than our coach at 45 feet PLUS trailer....

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote