View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
Iron Pony

Default What to do What to do

Hi I am new to this forum. My name is Bill and I'm a retired heavy equipment mechanic. I have a large shop and any and all fabrication tools and the skill to use them. And lots of time. I have a 02 T300 KW mechanics rig that i'm thinking about building into a truck motorhome. The truck maybe high miles but it is in very good condition. I have swapped the OEM Cat 3126 engine for a very low miles ISC Cummins. The entire drivetrain is near new if not new. I have owned every type of RV known to man in 37 years of working on Pipeline jobs all over the world I have wore out more RV's than most. So I'm interested in a motor coach that will be better built and more durable than your average RV. So I'm thinking about a motor coach conversion for the T300. My question is. I have looked at the Spacecraft 17' 9" motor coach and have not priced it yet. And several others, and I'm comparing it to building it myself. I want to be able to tow two tag a long type trailers behind it both about 26 ft. long neither is very heavy. At differnt times. If I did something like the Spacecraft 17'9" and put a bumper on the back I would be about 26 ft. long on the truck. So about the size of a good sized class C motorhome. Would I really save any money by doing it myself, Or would the spacecraft conversion be about the same money. By the way the T300 had a sleeper on it at one time. and has a daycab conversion on it now. Any opinions on this conversion or ideas would be considered. Thanks Bill
Iron Pony is offline   Reply With Quote