Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
ericmauri

Default Newbie

Hello, I posed this question earlier on the manufacturer forum and it would seem this discussion area has a lot more activity. I am new to this, so please forgive my ignorance

Hello, new to this forum, any feed back would be greatly appreciated! I'm currently looking at a 1989 Freightliner FLD 120 for a toterhome conversion.
I test drove this tractor the other day and she runs beautifully (cummins 350) shifts beautifully, brakes are a little touchy but I guess that's to be expected without any load? I would buy this truck tomorrow (3,000) but the suspension is so stiff I thought I was going to loose my fillings! The dash on the truck looked like it was going to shake loose as well, stiff ride I can deal with to a point but bounce and shake is another story. First thing I would do is replace the shocks, tractor has 550,000 on it but I don't know if this is just an inherent problem with this model or if it is something I can remedy???

Anyone who has experience with this or suggestions on how to smooth out the ride, please let me know. Thank you, Eric
ericmauri is offline   Reply With Quote