View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:52 AM   #1
YSJ2482

Default Arizona Registration

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and was hoping to get some questions answered... I'm an Arizona resident. I'm looking to build an HDT using probably a Volvo 780 or something in that line. I have been reading in this forum as well as several others that Arizona is not HDT friendly so I'm sure we can all agree on that. What I can't get straight answers on is what can and can't we do with HDT's in regards to registration. I've read everything from "it can be done as long as there is no 5th wheel of any kind," to "a ball hitch can be used," all the way to "it can't be done as a motorhome in AZ period. Has to be registered commercially." I know the info is out there in the threads, but a lot of it is years old and regulations change over time. Also it's all over the place so its hard to make heads or tails of it. Basically what I'm trying to figure out is can the truck be registered at an rv/motorhome at all in AZ, or am I going to have to go the Montana LLC route to do this. IF it is at all possible to do, what are the limitations? I am not a full-timer (still 20 years from retiring) so I have to take that into account when it comes to how I register the truck (ex. registered in Montana but would be in AZ almost exclusively). Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!
YSJ2482 is offline   Reply With Quote