View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #20
THUNDERUSONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
we just toured Buena Vista Coastal RV....

205k and up for the lots, plus 250ish for the coach house (no garage),
there are some plans for coach houses with a separate (enclosed) garage - but theyre still in the planning stages so no mention of prices (ill assume the construction rates of 200 bucks per sq foot apply).

the association fees are over 300 a month & the insurance is a pooled (escrow) insurance.

HOA Architecture committee consists of 5 votes (one held by the developer).

It's interesting in that theyre building some elaborate pool/beach/water park w/ restaurant - that will be owned by the developer and LEASED out....It seems that someone has a plan to allow access to that water park (and the in-door pool/conf center at the front of the "community") via a back entrance road.

the coach houses are all constructed of cinderblock (filled w/ concrete)....and theyre still charging 200 bucks per sq foot...pretty pricey imo.

rentals are managed by a 3rd party. Owners receive 70% of the rental fee...i have a feeling the developer is getting a cut too (but i didnt drill down on it).

theres one lot for sale by owner - its probably the best deal given the owner is only asking 225k and has already built the outdoor kitchen/fire place & tiki hut.

400k+ for an RV lot (70' x 40') seems pretty pricey to me, consider I've still got to have a coach (and the coach cant be older than 10yrs).
Go to Bluewater in Key West and that will seem like a bargain. They are asking a million for a pimped out pad down there. Location, location, location. I own one at Windemere and love it. It's only 3 hours from home too. We get 70% of the rent but I don't rent mine out. All it will do is tear my stuff up from some jak azz that couldn't back a rig into a 40 acre field to run over all my low voltage lighting and landacaping. Our HOA'S are $100 Mth. That covers everything except power and enclosed boat storage. I do have a storage unit for the bass boat, golf cart etc.. that we leave down there all the time. It's really nice to have a place to pull into on a holiday weekend and not call anybody and come and go as you please. Ours has the 10 year old limitation too. Private boat ramp, docks..fishing, saltwater pool, clubhouse etc.etc.