View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Danimal

Default New guy from FL..

Hey everyone. Dan from tampa, FL. I just recently got my cdl and haul reffer for prime inc. Myultimate goal is to haul rv,s for someone like hoosier rv transport. I first need the experience and my own rig. I currently own a dodge cummins diesel and a kz sportsman fifth wheel toy hauler. I don't want to use my dually because I will be traveling with the wife and dog and refuse to go in hotels. My plan is to sell my current setup and but a medium duty flatbed and mount a slide in camper on the back and add a gooseneck/fifth wheel hitch and pull a 48' gooseneck to haul small rv's on. My second option is to buy a moving box trick with upper attic and pass through to the box and convert to rv style living qtrs in the back. I would notch/ cut the back out making it a toter again with hitch. Just curious of your thoughts on which way would be easier/less expensive. Im very handy and can weld etc. I'm on a budget as always. Im leaning more to mounting a slide in on a flatbed. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas. Looks like a great site here. This was typed in the sleeper bouncing down the road in a new peterbilt while my teammate is driving. -Dan
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote