View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #7
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaD View Post
Thanks for the info guys, I have also looked at the TPMS as well and really like what I see about them. Just wondered how big a problem it is with different air pressures between the duals or was that all hot air to sell a product..

thanks PapaD
i set my duals to the same pressure & then monitor them individually for leaks and heat via the TST Monitor...im not sure id want a leaking tire tied to a good / non leaking tire.

of course equalizing the pressure i important - but once you're in the coach and going down the road what can you tell about the tire pressure & its equalization ? (nothing).

theres plenty of TPMS sensors - but not many that do temperature too. Lots of folks (usually the ones that don't have temp monitoring) that pressure is directly related to temperature....and those of us with the TST system can tell you thats not true - pressure increases are NOT linear to temperature increases.

temperature increase can identify an over heating axle or sticking brake....or OVER use of the brakes (in traffic).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote