View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
bushpilot

Default Need Suggestions: Pass Thru Inverter withOUT charger

Does anyone know of an dc to ac inverter that does NOT contain a charger ?

My tiny (xantrex RS400) inverter stopped functioning and its no longer available so I'm looking for a replacement with similar functionality.

I need less than 1500w, mostly to run a Flat Panel TV or coffee pot (going down the road), I dont need another charger (or converter) since I already have a great converter/charger all i really need is an inverter, with a built in transfer switch.

Pure sine wave isn't required since the TV already has its own power supply in it & no other device that i would run is either sensitive enough nor w/out its own power supply such that pure sine wave is necessary (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here).

The inverter needs to have AC pass-thru / transfer switch capability so that when I'm on shore power the inverter isn't being used (or consuming battery power)....rather it should just pass the AC voltage/current thru the unit to the appliance.

The Xantrex freedom HF's would be fine (if it didnt have a charger or i could disable the charger).

Id even settle for the Xantrex ProSine (2.0) but again its got a built in charger that i don't need.

I'm not set on any particular brand - but i would like something that could be serviced or repaired (if necessary).
Are there any decent pass-thru inverters available that permit disabling the charger or don't have a charger built in ??
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote