Thread: Ouch
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
bushpilot

as hotrod says !

After a trip i had put the coach away and left it for a couple of weeks....then prepared for the next trip (generally when i put the coach away i level it and raise it off the concrete & put a bit of air between the tires & the floor, to keep from flat spotting the tires).

I turned the TPMS monitor on while i did some other tasks and discovered the front left tire was low...discovering i was down to 70psi....i aired the tire up & got the soap/bubbles out, but couldn't find the leak....home i went (knowing id come back the next day)....and again the tire was down around 80 psi....eventually i discovered the leak was at the wheel where the valve stamp mounted.

I aired the tire again and the next day topped it up - able to drive it to the tire shop (very VERY slow leak) where they replaced the valve stem (for free) !

w/out a TPMS system i might not have caught the problem - i may very likely have ruined a fairly new tire...but w/ the TPMS system i was alerted (even when parked in storage) to the issue & avoid a service call !
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote