View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
bushpilot

iirc my black & gray tanks are 50 or 56 gallons each....and my coach is 42 feet.
id expect a totter configuration to have considerably smaller tanks under the deck - especially w/ a 20kw gen set and solar / batteries.

hot rod makes a good point about the durability of RV appliances - i can't imagine a conventional hot water heater holding up well on the road.

lots of coach manufactures are installing residential refrigerators these days (i don't personally like it) - theyre cheaper yes, but theyre not build for the road - and they require 120vac all the time....even w/ a small (4) battery bank you'll only get a few hours of run time before you have to start the gen.

the RV refrigerators are incredibly efficient - run on 12v/propane for DAYS if not weeks consume a tiny amount of propane and voltage...yet still run on 120vac when available.

you can get a pretty good size RV (side by side) fridge, w/ ice maker - and they still take up less room than a residential unit.

when I'm on the curb of my father in laws - i have access to a 20a 120vac outlet - i can run a single AC unit and a few other things (like the converter/charger) w/out issue....so i keep the fridge on LP/12v & the water heater on LP as well - we've been curb side for more than a month and the propane use was negligible.

you COULD leach out the gray water under the cover of darkness - but its frowned upon - and it can smell pretty bad....i wouldn't wanna do it in the street (my brother in law in florida understands its just soapy water & he's happy to have it for his lawn)....but 40 gallons is A LOT of water (on a lawn or in a parking lot) - i wouldn't wanna do it more than a few gallons a day over the course of a less than 3 or 5 days at the most.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote