View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #7
johnmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
Have the DOT guy write a letter to that effect and keep it with you to save headaches.

Just a side comment, have you scaled that thing? The trailer axles look in danger of being overloaded with all that and only a tandem axle. Make sure all your water tanks etc. are topped off to where you would normally keep them when you scale it. I'm making a guesstimate of 7000# for the camper, 3000# for the toy, about 4000# for the trailer, another 1000# for water, fuel, tools, luggage, and beer, puts you at about 15000#. Some of which is on the fifth wheel. Wouldn't hurt to scale it and make sure you are safe, particularly on the tire loads. I'd try to check each trailer axle individually as the load distribution on that trailer is a matter of convenience for where everything had to fit, and not necessarily a matter of even distribution.

Good looking truck.
The rv is 6,800 dry trailer frame is 6,500 toy is 3,000 1,000 mis. trailer frame is a 15 gvw I feel there is at least 4k to 5k on the pin. i will scale it soon but i don't think the trailer is over loaded the tires look great. I also was told by the trailer manufacture that if i put 17.5 tires and rims on my gvw would be 20k. If I have to I would do that before adding a axle.
johnmc is offline   Reply With Quote