View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
turbo2gto

Default Small dropped garage behind axle

My 97 FL70 arrived today. Has 27,000 miles 8.3 cummins & Allison 5 speed auto. Most all of the interior is missing, lots of dash parts missing or need replaced. Need to find a truck salvage yard im thinking. It's a 208 or 209 wheelbase. Frame stops right after rear spring mounts. I don't want to stretch wheelbase but have the idea of going straight down off the end of the frame and do a dropped garage to haul 2 dragbikes with either a rear ramp door or a passenger side ramp door if i need to keep the tail shorter. The floor of the garage would basically be at the same height of the storage compartments that would be in front of the axle but angle up in the rear slightly for ground clearance. Could maybe keep the ramp door and ceiling of the garage at 6' so I could have a bedroom over it and that short portion could be a small slideout for a bed. The floor section of the bedroom that is over the garage would obviously be a step up to the bed that would be on a slideout. I would also like to do a large slideout on the drivers side. I will on ocasion pull a boat with this and when my dragcar is back together, will pull a 24 to 28 enclosed trailer. I'm wanting to do this simply, quickly, cost effective but quality. Any thoughts on this ?
turbo2gto is offline   Reply With Quote