Thread: slide out
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
mmmc101

Default Slideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLFEDBU View Post
hey guys, appreciate all of your fellows knowledge, ive been reading all your input for a bit now ill call on your advice. I want to put a slide out on my toter , I found one out of a bigger camper , anybody have any advice or experience installing one? the truck is a 97 international 8100 series, built the box and now im thinking I need more room.lol
Your question is a little difficult to respond to without some additional info. For example: what is your box framed with,how large of a slide do you want and what type of slide?
I am building a toterhome with a 12' box on a W900. The small box is needed to keep from being over the 65' overall length law for RV's with the trailer I pull. So, to add space I am installing 2 opposing 7' slideouts. I looked at many slideouts in RV salvage yards and was not impressed with the quality so I deceided to build my own. I did purchase the slideout mechanisms and floor from Liftco. They sell many types and sizes of slides. I am using the wall mount touchless floor model. It can be ordered in various lengths. I custom built the box and framed the slide openings for them. I have installed one of the slide mounts and floor at this point. Not to diffcult to this point. I tried to upload some photos but I received an error. Will try again later. Look at the thread "installing the box". It has some photos that may give you some ideas.
MMM
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote