View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
Kenn

Default warehouse with a crane

You mentioned renting a warehouse with a crane and I think of how long it has taken me to build my motorhome. Have you made a guess as to how long you would need to rent?. If you are doing the work by yourself and will be doing all of the design work renting may get very expensive. I built mine in stages first the truck had to be gone through because it is thirty years old and I had to have the front drive axle removed and new drive lines made. I was able to extend my frame by 6' but I would have farmed out the job if I was stretching the frame. I then built the lower unit (everything below the floor) and lifted it onto the truck with a 2 ton chain-fall. The last stage was building the living quarters and renting a crane truck to lift it onto the truck. Making everything underneath match up with everything on top is a lot of work. I am amassed at how fast some people get things built and wish I could be faster but if you don't have extra help make sure you allow enough time to get it done. The 40' container would be a big motorhome with lost of room but it also has many challenges that other options don't. Good luck and don't stop asking questions.
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote