View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
hot rod

I'm not overly impressed with that one compared to a true air hitch. I'd say it's better than a solid hitch but those cellular rubbar (foam) bumpers can't possibly give the ride and travel of a true air bag. True, no need for a compressor or controls, but I like my ability to air up/down for hitching up, plus I can adjust the air pressure on the fly to load or road conditions. I do like the permanent "grease plate", I go through one of the little rings every year, not that they're expensive, just annoying to have to go find a new one. One thing that worries me is that they advertise it at only 165# like it's a good thing, that's about half the weight of my Trailer Saver and the only way they could accomplish that is a lot less or thinner steel. And who cares how heavy it is? You bolt it on the truck once and forget about it. Maybe more of an advantage on the pickup box version where you may take it out once in a while.

I'd say it's an economical step up from a solid hitch, particularly when you figure you don't need air for it, but not in the same category as an air hitch.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote