View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
hot rod

I had looked at the ET in the past, but hadn't seen the ET Jr. It looks like they designed it to have the same approximate footprint and mounting as the Trailer Saver, i.e. bolt down to a flat plate as opposed the the more complicated mounting on the standard ET.

To me it looks like the biggest difference between the Trailer Saver and the ET Jr. is the ET uses two link bars between the frame of the unit and the hitch head mount, working similar to a 4 link on a race car or hot rod which would keep the hitch head mount parallel to the frame of the truck. The Trailer Saver uses a single link, basically the hitch head mount is one big piece that pivots all the way at the front. In theory the mount would change angles a few degrees as it moves up and down through its arc of travel, but that really doesn't matter as the hitch head pivots in both directions anyway, and the air bags certainly don't care if they are off by a degree or two from parallel. I still like my Trailer Saver, it is a fairly simple design and has worked well for me so far, I put about 10,000 miles on this year with a 23000# trailer and no problems.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote